The Story Coming In
The Medicine Hat Tigers clawed their way back from a 3-1 deficit to defeat the Lethbridge Hurricanes 4-3 in overtime last night. Late goals from Tyler Preziuso and Ryan Jevne sent the game into overtime before Captain James Hamblin scored on a penalty shot late in extra time to win the game. The Tigers are now 4-1-0-0 in their last five games.
Tigers vs. Hurricanes
For the second time this season, the Tigers and the Hurricanes will play a home and home series. These two Central Division Rivals opened their 2018-19 WHL Campaign with the Tigers taking game one in Lethbridge 5-2 before falling 4-2 in Medicine Hat the next night. In the past five seasons, the Orange and Black are 11-12-1-0 against the Canes.
View from Lethbridge
The Lethbridge Hurricanes are 2-1-1-1 in their last five games and will be looking for revenge after last night’s overtime loss to the Tabbies. The Hurricanes are led by 2019 NHL Draft Eligible Dylan Cozens who has 6 goals and 9 assists in 11 games played this season.
Ryan Jevne has had a strong start to his overage campaign with the Tigers. Jevne hustles hard every game and has a powerful shot that makes opposing goalies cringe. The 20-year-old Edmonton forward has 10 points (4G, 6A) in 12 games and he will be looking to build on that in tonight’s contest.
James Hamblin is in his fourth season with the Orange and Black and has been chosen by his teammates to lead the team. Hamblin is a hard working two way forward who gives his best every night. The 19-year-old Edmonton product is leading his team in points with 11 (6G, 5A) in 12 games played including last night’s overtime winning goal.
- The Medicine Hat Tigers and the Lethbridge Hurricanes will meet 10 times in the 2018-19 regular season. Six of out the 10 meetings will be apart of home and home series.
- James Hamblin has 7 points (3G, 4A) in 3 games played against the Hurricanes this season including last night’s overtime winning goal.
- Tyler Preziuso and Ryan Jevne both have 6 points in their last three games played. Preziuso has 2 goals and 4 assists while Jevne has 3 goals, 3 assists.
- Linus Nassen is leading all Tigers defencemen with 8 points (2G, 6A) in 7 games.
- Eric Van Impe picked up his first Career WHL Assist in last night’s tilt between the Tigers and the Hurricanes.
- Ryan Chyzowski is leading all Tigers in assists so far this season with 7 assists in 11 games.
About the Medicine Hat Tigers
The Medicine Hat Tigers are a junior hockey team in the Western Hockey League (WHL) who play out of Medicine Hat, AB and were established in 1970. In 48 seasons of playing major junior hockey, the Tigers have won 2 Scotty Munro Memorial Trophies, as well as, 210 playoff games which led to winning 43 playoff series, raising 33 banners, winning five Ed Chynoweth Cups and two Memorial Cups.