The Story Coming In
The Medicine Hat Tigers are 8-7-0-2 after falling to the Hitmen Friday night in the first game of a home and home series. The Tigers will look to continue to defend home ice tonight as they have not lost in regulation at the Canalta Centre since Oct 12th against the Prince Albert Raiders. The Orange and Black are led by veteran forwards James Hamblin with 21 points (9G, 12A) and Tyler Preziuso with 17 points (9G, 8A).
Tigers vs. Hitmen
The Hitmen took the first meeting of six between these two Central Division Rivals 7-5 Friday night. It was a back and forth affair with the Hitmen taking the lead and the Tigers equalizing it until Hitmen’s James Malm was able to regain the lead late in the game and Mark Kastelic scored on an empty net to ensure the Hitmen victory. The Tigers are 14-4-1-0 against the Hitmen in the last five seasons.
View from Calgary
Tonight’s contest with the Tigers will be the Hitmen’s third game in three days. After Friday’s defeat of the Tigers, the Hitmen fell 1-0 to the Red Deer Rebels Saturday night at the Scotiabank Saddledome and they are now 5-10-2-0. The Hitmen are led by veteran forwards Mark Kastelic with 24 points (14G, 10A) and Jake Kryski with 19 points (9G, 10A).
Cole Clayton is a puck-moving defenceman in his second season with the Orange and Black. Clayton is an intelligent player who is patient with the puck. The 18-year-old Strathmore, AB product scored in Friday’s contest against the Hitmen and he has 4 points (2G, 2A) in the Tigers’ last four games. Look for Clayton to shut down the Hitmen offence in tonight’s tilt.
Captain James Hamblin leads the Tigers on and off the ice. At every game, practice and training session, Hamblin demonstrates hard work, hustle and heart which contribute to why he is the top point producer on the team. Off the ice, the Captain has been involved in every community outreach event the Tigers have participated in so far this season. He has sung the “Hockey Song” with children at the Library, played Street Hockey at Home Depot and visited the Little Explorers Preschool as part of the Tigers’ Stay in School initiative.
- Seven Tigers are on multi-game point streaks. Tyler Preziuso has 13 points (7G, 6A) in 8 games including 6 goals in the last 6 games. James Hamblin has 13 points (5G, 8A) in 7 games. Elijah Brown has 6 points (1G, 5A) in 5 games. Hayden Ostir has 5 points (2G, 3A) in 4 games. Cole Clayton has 4 points (2G, 2A) in 4 games. Josh Williams has 4 points (1G, 3A) in 3 games. Logan Christensen has 3 points (1G, 2A) in 3 games.
- The Tigers’ Penalty Kill at Home is 92.3% and the best in the league at home
- Linus Nassen has 12 points (2G, 10A) in 12 games
- Ryan Jevne picked up his 100th Career WHL Point on Friday against the Hitmen.
- Logan Christensen played his 200th Career WHL Game Friday against the Hitmen.
- Right now at Subway, you can try James Hamblin’s favourite sub for your chance to win an autographed jersey. Contest details on our website.
- The whole team will be available for autographs on the main concourse following tonight’s game.
Hut 8 Community Corner
Hut 8 Mining Company is a cryptocurrency mining and blockchain infrastructure company established through an exclusive partnership with the Bitfury Group, the world’s leading full-service blockchain technology company that recently opened in Medicine Hat.
The Medicine Hat Soccer Association (MHSA) has been in existence since 1971 and has grown into an organization with over 1300 boys and girls playing Outdoor and Indoor Soccer. Their youth programs offer soccer for under 4 up to under 19. In addition to the youth program, the MHSA has over 300 men and women playing in local competitive and recreational leagues. The senior program offers soccer for 16 years old and up. Stop by the Hut 8 Community Corner to find out more!
The Medicine Hat Tigers are excited to introduce Family Packs this season! Two adult tickets and two children tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 pops for $69.95. Family packs can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or in person at the box office.
About the Medicine Hat Tigers
The Medicine Hat Tigers are a junior hockey team in the Western Hockey League (WHL) who play out of Medicine Hat, AB and were established in 1970. In 48 seasons of playing major junior hockey, the Tigers have won 2 Scotty Munro Memorial Trophies, as well as, 210 playoff games which led to winning 43 playoff series, raising 33 banners, winning five Ed Chynoweth Cups and two Memorial Cups.