The Story Coming In
The Medicine Hat Tigers have embarked on a 4 games in 5 days road trip which kicked off last night in Saskatoon with a 4 -2 loss. Tonight the Tigers pay a visit to the Art Hauser Centre to battle the Raiders before journeying on to Brandon on Friday and Swift Current on Saturday. The Tigers are led by Captain James Hamblin with 23 points (9G, 15A) and Alternate Captain Ryan Jevne with 19 points (6G, 13A).
Tigers vs. Raiders
For the third time this season, the Tigers will battle the Raiders. The Raiders have won both previous contests and the last time the Tigers beat the Raiders was Dec 6, 2017, in a 5-4 SO. Medicine Hat is 9-4-3-0 against Prince Albert over the past 5 years. After the Tabbies finish their current road trip, they will return home to host the Raiders on Friday, November 23rd.
View from Prince Albert
The Prince Albert Raiders are the top team in the league posting a 17-1-0-0 record. They won their last game 6-2 against the Swift Current Broncos on Friday night. The Raiders are led by veteran forwards Brett Leason with 40 points (17G, 23A) and Sean Montgomery with 23 points (9G, 14A).
Ryan Chyzowski is a skilled forward with a nose for the puck who isn’t afraid to mix it up. The 18-year-old Kamloops native had his second two goal night of the season against the Blades Tuesday and he has scored 4 of his 7 goals this season on the power play. Chyzowski along with linemates Tyler Preziuso and Ryan Jevne have been a force to be reckoned with this season and will look to make an impact in tonight’s contest.
Captain James Hamblin is a shifty forward with deceptive speed who leads the Tigers in points this season (9G, 14A). Hamblin has a great hockey sense and a tireless work ethic. He often leads the team by example by stepping up and consistently getting the job done. Hamblin is not afraid to battle for the puck, set his teammates up or find the back of the net himself. Look for the 19-year-old Edmonton native to drive to the net and create scoring opportunities tonight for the Tabbies.
- Ryan Chyzowski scored his first goal of his 2018-19 campaign against the Raiders Sept 28, 2018.
- Tyler Preziuso’s first two-point game of this season was against the Raiders Sept 28th, 2018. Since then Preziuso has had 4 two-point games and 1 three-point
- Veteran defencemen Linus Nassen and Dylan MacPherson’s first WHL game of the 2018-19 season was Oct 3rd against the Raiders. Both players had recently returned from Florida Panthers/ Springfield Thunderbirds camp.
- Linus Nassen has 6 points (2G, 4A) in the Tigers’ last 4 games.
- The Tigers continue their scoring by committee approach with 16 players lighting the lamp to score the team’s 67 goals.
- The Annual Teddy Bear Toss will be December 1st, 2018, against the Lethbridge Hurricanes.
- Josh Williams has picked up an assist in both contests against the Raiders this season.
- The average age of the Tigers is 18.27
About the Medicine Hat Tigers
The Medicine Hat Tigers are a junior hockey team in the Western Hockey League (WHL) who play out of Medicine Hat, AB and were established in 1970. In 48 seasons of playing major junior hockey, the Tigers have won 2 Scotty Munro Memorial Trophies, as well as, 210 playoff games which led to winning 43 playoff series, raising 33 banners, winning five Ed Chynoweth Cups and two Memorial Cups.