The Story Coming In
The Medicine Hat Tigers suited up on Saturday for their RE/MAX Presents the WHL Suits Up with Don Cherry to Promote Organ Donation game and they defeated the Brandon Wheat Kings 4-2 in style. Veteran forward Ryan Jevne had a 3 point night (2G, 1A) and he netted his 30th goal of the season as the game-winning goal. Medicine Hat is now 33-26-4-2 and they are led by veteran forwards James Hamblin with 73 points (32G, 41A) and Ryan Jevne with 62 points (30G, 32A).
Tigers vs. Rebels
For the sixth and final time this season, these two Central Division rivals will face off. The Tigers are 5-0-0-0 against the Rebels this season and 12-10-0-1 over the past five years. The last time these two teams met was January 25th, 2019, in Red Deer and the Tigers won 5-3. Elijah Brown had a 2 game night and Bryan Lockner picked up three assists in the victory.
View from Red Deer
The Red Deer Rebels fell 3-2 to the Edmonton Oil Kings last night. The game was tied 1-1 until the third period when the Oil Kings took the lead. Both of the Rebels’ goals were scored on the power play. Red Deer is now 33-26-4-2 and they are led by Chicago Blackhawks signed prospects Brandon Hagel with 98 points (40G, 58A) and Reese Johnson with 50 points (24G, 26A).
Ryan Jevne has been heating up for the Tigers and he has 7 points (4G, 3A) in the last 3 games. The 20-year-old Edmonton product has been having a banner year for the Tigers setting new career highs with 30 goals and 32 assists in 60 games played. Jevne is an intelligent player with an explosive first step and a hard shot. Look for him to make an impact in tonight’s tilt.
Captain James Hamblin has been the Tigers’ top point producer all season with 73 points (32G, 41A). The Tigers’ former first-round pick from the 2014 bantam draft has suited up for 259 games, scored 78 goals and picked up 110 assists in his career as a Tiger. Hamblin is a speedy, two-way forward who leads the Tigers by example with his hard work and dedication. Look for the Captain to lead the way in tonight’s game.
- Ryan Jevne recorded his first career WHL hat-trick Nov. 28, 2018, against the Rebels in a 6-2 Tigers Victory. Jevne is the only current Tiger with a hat-trick.
- The Tigers’ special teams have been effective against the Rebels in five games played this season. The power play has been 57.9% (11/19) effective and the penalty kill has been 90.9% (1/11) effective.
- Corson Hopwo is the Tigers’ leading rookie with 17 points (6G, 11A).
- Sixteen Tigers have a point or more against the Rebels this season. James Hamblin and Bryan Lockner are leading the way. Hamblin has 5 goals and 5 assists while Lockner has 4 assists and five goals in 5 games played.
- All the jerseys from Saturday night’s RE/MAX Presents the WHL Suits Up with Don Cherry to Promote Organ Donation game are currently being auctioned off online at 32auctions.com/mht-cherry The auction runs until 7:30 PM Thursday, March 14th.
- After tonight’s game, Ryan Jevne, Dylan MacPherson and Linus Nassen will be signing autographs on the main concourse in front of the Tigers’ Souvenir Store.
Since 2010, NewRock Developments has been on a mission to provide exceptional, attainable housing in cities throughout Western Canada. As a multicity developer, they understand the importance of building communities that are well integrated. To achieve this, city selection and community involvement are very important.
Hut 8 Community Corner
Hut 8 Mining Company is a cryptocurrency mining and blockchain infrastructure company established through an exclusive partnership with the Bitfury Group, the world’s leading full-service blockchain technology company that recently opened in Medicine Hat.
Salta Gymnastics Club is celebrating their 30th year in the community as a not for a profit sports organization. They have the largest facility in the city, with over 8,000 square feet in their main gym and provide a variety of programs including recreational gymnastics and trampoline classes. Salta also hosts the Salta Achievement Squad which is a demo team that combines gymnastics and dance and performs at various events locally, provincially and internationally. Salta is currently taking registration for their spring session.
The Medicine Hat Tigers are excited to introduce Family Packs this season! Two adult tickets and two children tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 pops for $69.95. Family packs can be purchased online through Ticketmaster or in person at the box office.
About the Medicine Hat Tigers
The Medicine Hat Tigers are a junior hockey team in the Western Hockey League (WHL) who play out of Medicine Hat, AB and were established in 1970. In 48 seasons of playing major junior hockey, the Tigers have won 2 Scotty Munro Memorial Trophies, as well as, 210 playoff games which led to winning 43 playoff series, raising 33 banners, winning five Ed Chynoweth Cups and two Memorial Cups.